The purpose of the Forum is to identify common approaches and strike common ground within the international expert community on the following issues:
- How social networks affect public consciousness: pro et contra
- What is the role of international organizations and institutions (factors of "soft power", public diplomacy and NGOs) in protecting the rights of journalists and users?
- What modern legislation, norm-setting and corporate regulations guarantee the rights of journalists and the media
- How new technologies guarantee a new quality of information? How new technologies correlate with freedom of speech and the rights of journalists
- How to protect the rights and guarantee safety to journalists working in hot spots
- What are we witnessing in the sphere of information security: a time of peace or a period of war?
At least 100 top-class Russian and foreign experts in journalism, new media, social psychology, political science, cultural studies and international information security are expected to attend the Forum.